Saturday, September 12, 2009

New Facial Expressions

Well, the men are officially off, and it's now my second night without Eric. Last night, Caleb and I had a spend-the-night with mom, since she was going to babysit Caleb while I went to work today, and we would have had to drive back across town again in the early morning. I think it was too much excitement for Caleb, seeing as he woke up several times, then seriously woke up at 5:30am. WAY too early for my taste. But he ended up taking a good nap for mom, so it was alright.

Tonight we're at home, and I'm ready for a good night's sleep. It was a fairly crazy day at work, my feet are sore, and I am beat. Terry Brooks did a book signing, very exciting!

Caleb cracked mom and I up today with his newest facial expression. When he has a dirty diaper, he'll walk up to me, pat his bottom and scrunch up his nose in a "yucky" face. It is just so cute and so hilarious. He's never been one to fuss over a dirty diaper, so this sudden awareness, and the way he expresses it, is pretty darn adorable.

It seems like every day he does something new. And certainly every day he is learning a new word, or five. Today's new word was "ice." It's so, so wonderful to have this new avenue of communication with our little boy, and to see him realize the convenience and practicality of using words to convey his thoughts, wants, and needs. He's such a little sponge, soaking up new vocabulary words.

I am just in awe of this little person, growing up so quickly.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com : PS Brushes by Obsidian Dawn