Monday, September 21, 2009

Hooray!

Eric and Dad safely arrived home from their hunting trip Saturday night! Even better, it turned out to be a successful hunt for the both of them! Eric got his 5x6 point bull on Wednesday morning; his first ever! And Dad got a bull calf on Friday; this was his first with his bow! I am so proud of the both of them, and so excited that they had such a wonderful time.

Most of Sunday, and this evening too, we've spent painstakingly butchuring Eric's bull. They've estimated that when we're done it will be between 100 and 150 pounds of meat. We nearly finished packing his tonight, and tomorrow will hopefully finish Dad's as well. It is such tedious work, but good, and oh so worth it.

I have a bit of a hard time being around all that raw meat; it's a little gory, and makes me feel like I'm in an episode of Dexter or something. But it's okay, and I help with what I can- which is mostly just wrapping the saran-wrapped meat in butcher paper; I won't touch raw meat if I can avoid it. (Earlier this week when I made fajitas and Eric wasn't here to cut the chicken into strips, I put sandwich bags over my hands to keep from fully feeling the raw chicken. Pathetic, silly, I know.)

We're all pretty exhausted, the men more than me, by far, so I'll post more later, when I have more energy to gush about just how wonderful it is to have my man home with me again. :)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com : PS Brushes by Obsidian Dawn